London Ontario Station History
The first passenger station in London Ontario was completed by Great Western Railway (GWR) in 1853. The station continued to serve the London area for the Grand Trunk Railway after the two companies amalgamated in 1882. The original building survived until 1935 when it was torn down to make way for a new station built by the Canadian National Railway.
Grand Trunk Railway Depot

The station was demolished and gave way to two structures, a three-storey building at 205 York Street completed in 1963 and a 10-storey Tower Building at 197 York Street built in 1975.
The inscription at the bottom of the photograph was added in 1939. It erroneously gives the location as Richmond St. The Grand Trunk Railway Depot was situated on the south side of York St. between Richmond and Clarence Streets. The demolition date is incomplete in the inscription. The station was demolished in 1935.
The 10 story building was closed in 2000. It was imploded at 9:15 a.m., on February 4, 2001 by Greenspoon Bros.
The three story building was incorporated into the current station structure and remaining site of the old station became a parking lot. The platform area from the previous stations were retained.